Can I apply for a Concession?

Pensioners – you may be eligible for a concession of up to 50% (capped at a maximum amount of $750) or elect to defer the payment of your Rates.

Seniors – you may be eligible for a concession of up to 25% (capped at a maximum amount of $100).

To be eligible for a concession, you must own and live at this property on 1 July and either:

  • hold either a current Pensioner Concession Card or State Concession Card; or
  • hold both Commonwealth Seniors Health Card with a WA Seniors Card; or
  • hold a WA Seniors Card.

You are required to complete an application form and provide proof of your concession card(s) to the Water Corporation online at or telephone 1300 659 951.

If you became an eligible pensioner/senior during the Rating year, you may be eligible for a pro-rata rebate or deferment. For further information contact the Rates Department on 9890 0900.

No concession is allowed if the net balance due is not paid by 30 June. Outstanding Rates and ESL (Emergency Services Levy) as at 1 July automatically become deferred for certain pensioners only. Rubbish collection charges cannot be deferred and must be paid by the due date on the Rate Notice.