Organising an Event

Narrogin is a popular centre for hosting a variety of events and we are proud to have many attractive indoor and outdoor venues, be they sporting events, social and community events, concerts, field and market days or private functions. The Shire of Narrogin supports regular annual events including Australia Day Breakfast, the Narrogin Agricultural Show and Revheads. 

You may be required to provide evidence of Public Liability Insurance, please click here for more information.

If you would like your Community Event published on the Shire's Events Calendar, you can submit your event details here.

the great ride

COVID and your event

Event organisers are encouraged to visit WA Health for up to date information about COVID safety and events.

Indoor venues for hire

Narrogin boasts some truly splendid historic buildings, the most iconic one being the Town Hall, which is available for hire for private or community events. The Town Hall comprises the main hall, and the smaller hall known as the Reception Centre and upstairs is the Mayors Parlour. If required event organisers can access a fully equipped kitchen and supper room incorporating a dedicated service area suitable for a licenced bar, and upstairs the Mayors Parlour is a small but functional kitchenette with a servery, ideal for small private functions.

If you would like to hold your next indoor event at the Narrogin Town Hall, please obtain a copy of the Town Hall Booking Form from the Administration office or click on the link below.

Town Hall Booking Application

Fees and Charges

Please contact the Narrogin Regional Leisure Centre if you wish to use the indoor venue below:

John Higgins Community Centre

Narrogin Regional Leisure Centre Booking Application

Outdoor venues for events

If your event or activity is taking place outside a private business in the Narrogin Central Business District, please use the form Street Appeal and other Activities requiring a licence, available from the Administration Office, or in the link below.

Street Appeal and other Activities requiring a licence

If you wish to hold your event at one of Narrogin's beautiful parks or reserves, please obtain a copy of the Parks and Designated Venues Form from the Administration office or click on the link below. Your approved outdoor venue booking is not exclusive, and the Shire advises that the venue remains accessible to the public during your event. Parks and reserves available for events are:

  • Memorial Park
  • Gnarojin Park
  • Mackie Park
  • Lions Park
  • Town Hall Piazza (on Fortune Street)

Parks & Designated Venues Booking Application

On behalf of the Shire of Narrogin, the YMCA Narrogin manage the sports ovals, if you wish to use any of these for your event, please click on the link below:

  • Clayton Oval
  • Hardie Oval (Centre Sports)
  • Thomas Hogg Oval

Narrogin Regional Leisure Centre 

Event approvals

Outdoor events in Narrogin are categorised as either a Minor event (100 - 500 people) or a Major event (more than 500 people) and approval for these will be required from the Shire prior to your event occurring, to ensure that your participants can safely attend your event, and that it is held in accordance with relevant legislative requirements. 

Application forms can be obtained from the Administration office, or downloaded using the links below.

Minor Event Approval Application

Major Event Approval Application

Please note that the following additional information may be required before the application can be approved:

  • An approved  Event Traffic Management Plan
  • Risk Management Plan in accordance with AS/NZS-ISO3100 (for events of more than 5,000 patrons).

Additional information for event organisers is available in the link below.

Guidelines for Concerts, events and organised gatherings

Financial support and in-kind contributions

The Shire of Narrogin supports many local events with cash contributions and in-kind support, and may be able to help support your event with alternate sources of funding such as grants, donations, discounts, waivers, and in-kind assistance available through the Shire of Narrogin. For more information regarding cash or in-kind support from the Shire of Narrogin, please click here.

Requests for cash and in-kind support should be addressed to the undersigned:

Chief Executive Officer

Shire of Narrogin
PO Box 1145
Narrogin WA 6312