Noise & Nuisances


The Shire of Narrogin will respond to most forms of noise complaints. For those complaints relating to parties or where anti-social behaviour is likely, please contact the local police station for assistance on 9881 1911

For complaints in relation to crowing roosters please submit a written complaint detailing why the rooster is affecting your amenity.  We can only act on a written complaint.

 For complaints in relation to other animal noise please contact the Ranger.

 The noise legislation does provide for exemptions for certain types of noises such as construction noise, festivals, "specified equipment" and traffic noise. For further information on any noise issue, please contact the Environmental Health Officer

Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997

Neighbourhood Noise Information sheet.

Complaint Form.

Please note: All details you submit on your complaints form are treated as confidential, however, contact details are required so that the complaint can be thoroughly investigated.

Nuisances & Keeping of Animals

Public health legislation exists to govern nuisances by way of odour and their potential to be injurious or dangerous to health. This can take the form of malfunctioning septic tank systems, keeping animals in such a way so to create a foul odour or attract pests, as well as any form of accumulation that in itself creates a nuisance or attracts or harbours pests.

Health Local Laws have been implemented to specifically outline how certain activities may be carried out so as to minimize any potential impact to any neighbouring properties.