Click on the link above to find a wide range of fiction, non-fiction and junior books, large print, audio books and CDs, music scores, DVDs, magazines, jigsaws, CD-Roms, and books in languages other than English
Membership is free to all residents of the Shire of Narrogin and Cuballing.
To join the Library, you need:
- proof of your current, permanent address
- an alternate contact point.
- children must be accompanied by an adult when they join the Library and have their registration card signed by a parent or guardian.
We have online subscriptions freely available to Library members:
- Your Tutor - professional support with homework, study questions and assignments for students Years 4-12
- Computer School - free easy access online technology instruction. Ask for the password at the library and sign in to the tutorials.
- WA Public Libraries EBooks Overdrive - wide range of titles provided by State Library of WA subscription. sign in using your library card and pin number. Ask at the library if you don't know your pin.
- BorrowBox -free eAudioBooks available through the State Library of WA. Log in using your library card number. Pin is the last four digits of your library card.
Inter Library Loans
If the Library does not hold the item you require, it can be obtained via interlibrary loan from other public libraries in Western Australia. Items held in the State Library of Western Australia public library system can be viewed at www.slwa.wa.gov.au.
Internet and WiFi
Three public access computers provide free access to the Internet for research/study purposes and a small fee of $2.00/half hour ($1.50 conc), $4.00/hour ($3.00 conc) for email, social networking, games etc with up to two hours per day depending on demand. Word processing and photocopying, scanning, laminating and disc cleaning facilities are also available.
WiFi is free within the library during opening hours.
Services For Children
Term Time Activities
Baby Rhymetime sessions for babies up to 2 years old on Thursdays at 10.30am
Storytime sessions for children aged 2-5 years old on Wednesdays at 10.30am.
School Holiday Activities
During school holidays we organise special events for children facilitated by Library Staff and through partnerships with Community groups. Check the noticeboard in the Library for details, or contact us.
We have a dress up box, toys and games for families to enjoy in the Library and there are always activity and colouring sheets on hand. Comfortable couches and chairs and the offer of free tea or coffee means parents can relax while kids enjoy themselves.
Services For Adults
A separate young adult section is comfortably furnished with plenty of great reads, including graphic novels and magazines.
We hold regular events for adults, including a number of in-house book clubs, lifelong learning opportunities through Adult Learners’ Week, as well as regular Author and Illustrator visits. Book groups are held on the second Friday , and Parents Book Group (child friendly) on fourth Monday of every month. A writer's group meets every Thursday at 7.30pm and the Narrogin Music Group meet in the library on the first Friday of the month at 7.30pm.
We hold regular events for seniors and provide a 'Home Library Service’, delivering books fortnightly to customers who have difficulty visiting the library..
The Library issues a monthly email newsletter to members - if you would like to be placed on our mailing list, please email the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local History Collection
The Library manages Narrogin’s local history collection. Searches for information are undertaken upon request. Fees may apply for the retrieval of information. For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us on 98811751 or email@example.com
The State Library of WA
Search for titles held in WA libraries.
Online Databases - Information at your fingertips!
Find information on a variety of subjects, including:
- Health & Wellness
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- NoveList - book and author information
- Tumblebooks - great resource for young children
- Literacy planet – another great resource for young children
- Popular magazines - strong focus on current events, sports, science and health. Access full text News Limited News including The Australian and other Australian titles such as Choice, Australian Women’s Weekly, Australian Geographic, Australian Gourmet Traveler, Inside Cricket and Inside Rugby.
- Business reference - the text of many newspapers and journals from Australia & New Zealand, available online.
bout the Narrogin Regional Library
||Joshua Pomykala, Sarah Winn, Evan Beckwith, Tegan Winn,
Jared Egerton-Warburton, Belinda Clelland
||Corner of Fortune and Earl Streets.
||PO Box 1145, Narrogin, WA, 6312
||(08) 9881 1751
Images on this page are licensed by IStockPhoto.